A Rare Glimpse

Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Oh glorious sunshine-y days! And fun with food.

The weather has been fabulous these past few days in K-town! It makes getting up for those 8:30 classes more bearable. Speaking of 8:30 classes, I've officially become hooked on coffee! Can't really help it with so many early mornings, late nights, and needing to stay awake in class. Can't say I'm too proud though...it all started with Tim Horton's. Went to Timmy's for a quick bite last Friday, had the chili bowl (mm...it was SO good...I was so surprised they actually had the bread bowl available) and along with the combo (combo is same price as just the bread bowl on its own...kinda dumb, I thought, but when I asked about it, the cashier just gave me a glazed look, as if I was stupid or something)...oh yeah, along with the combo was the medium double double coffee. Being a regular tea drinker and occasional specialty coffee drinker only, I thought I'd have to waste the coffee and throw it out (sorry to make you regular coffee drinkers wince there :) ). Eventually, I decided I needed the caffeine anyways, so I gave the coffee a timid sip, expecting bitter grossness. (Hey, I'd tried regular coffee once before, and it tasted horrible. Ever since, I've always been only a coffee sniffer, besides the occasional specialty coffee.) Anyways, lo and behold, it tasted great!

On to fun with food. My housemate and I make dinner together each Saturday night, and so far this term, we've made our own pizzas (feta cheese, green peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, chicken, tomatoes...mmm); this past week, we made Sundried Tomato and Pesto Pasta, adding our own little twist, that being chicken. It was so delicious! And classy looking too! Now doesn't all this talk of food just make you hungry? Oh Henry. :)